We usually send delegates to the Olympics but without much press and media support. The times have changed. Every individual is a reporter in their own right by use of social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and many more.
The Philippines sent 11 delegates to London to compete at the Summer Olympics 2012. Filipinos all over the globe started tweeting their support on Twitter and Facebook walls lit up with photos and well-wishes for the Philippine delegates.
But, who are they?
Here’s a list of the 11 Filipino athletes competing this year in eight categories namely: Archery, Athletics, Boxing, Cycling, Judo, Shooting, Swimming, Weightlifting.
- Mark Javier – Archery – Women’s Individual
- Rachel Cabral – Archery – Men’s Individual
- Rene Herrera – Athletics – 3000 m Steeple chase
- Marestella Torres – Athletics – Long Jump
- Mark Barriga – Boxing – Light Flyweight
- Daniel Caluag – Cycling – Men’s BMX
- Tomohiko Hoshina – Judo – Men’s +100 kg
- Brian Rosario – Shooting – Skeet
- Jesse Luna – Swimming – 200 m Freestyle
- Jasmine Alkhaldi – Swimming – 100 m Freestyle
- Hidilyn Dias – Weightlifting – Women’s 58 kg
Let’s wish our delegates well and pray that they bring home the gold!!