The world did not end today. From what I heard, the Mayans even think why we have the ridiculous idea that the world will end when they themselves didn’t say it to be so. It’s pretty much an end of a “baktun” cycle which is equal to 144,000 days (394.26 tropical years). Which simply means that a new cycle begins (14th cycle) which started started on 220.127.116.11.0 — December 21, 2012.
So, welcome to the new “Baktun”! Realizing that today would have been really confusing for me if had dyslexia and the so-called prophecy came true! 12.21.12. I could have been scrambling on the 12th of December when I shouldn’t have or drove myself crazy last night if I believed that the world was going to end.
It didn’t. That’s a good thing! Because that only means the following:
- I can watch Season 3 of Downton Abbey when it premieres next month.
- I can still plan my trip to Australia.
- I can quit smoking.
- I can have my bathrooms remodeled.
- I will still be able to file taxes and receive my refund to use for number 2.
- I can find out if my taxes will rise next year if the fiscal cliff deal does not happen.
- I can hope for Ms. Philippines-Universe to take the crown next year.
- I can visit the ancient Mayan ruins in Mexico sometime in the future
- I can spend Christmas dinner with intimate friends.
- I can go see Les Miserables when it comes out on Christmas Day!