I am one of those people who advocate voters to learn about the candidates for the 2016 Philippine Presidential Elections simply because it is important. Being a child of the 80s revolution, I was aware of what broke the camel’s back that prompted People Power. It was to end a 20-year dictatorship and hoped to eradicate government corruption as well. It was a tough time. People were poor and had no power to rise up against a corrupt government. When the people had their voices heard (Thanks to Cory Aquino!), we were able to start the change. Of course, it will not come easy as the people remained poor. Economically, there were not much advancement happening. After Pres. Cory Aquino’s term, much of the Filipinos did not see a difference in how they lived and how they plan to raise their families and bring them a better future. They hoped as they voted president after president, only to be disappointed with the same corrupt ways of the elected officials.
Kaya ako nagtatanong, kasi nagugulat ako sa mga taong bumoboto sa mga opisyal na kumurakot sa inyo. Bakit nananalo pa rin sa mga botohan ang mga likes nila Erap Estrada? Imelda Marcos? Jejomar Binay? Alma Moreno? I mean, don’t get me wrong. I know that politics is a game I will probably never understand but, I know that I will not vote for someone who has done nothing for me as a citizen and intend only to look out for themselves. That is not why they should be in public office. The role as a government official is to serve the people. Make the lives of the people better and empower them to build businesses, raise their families outside of poverty, dream dreams and make them happen.
In the last week alone, I have seen posts of friends and friends of friends alike on Facebook. They are promoting their candidate by showing what they’ve done. And if you are not keen on researching accomplishments by the candidates you are looking to vote for, you can easily be swayed with the information presented to you. Parang mga advertisements yan sa TV at radyo. Madaling maniwala. Lalo na ngayon at naglabas na nag video ang campaign nila Roxas-Robredo with all the prime Kapamilya Stars. Kung mahilig ka sa showbiz, eh maaaring ma-sway ka nito dahil sasabihin mo sa sarili mo, “Bakit nandon si Maricel Soriano? Siguro boto din siya kay Mar Roxas, kaya yun na din ang iboboto ko!” Di ba?
Well, don’t sell yourself short. You have to find sources to make sure that your choice is sound. Nandiyan na ang internet. Mag-search ka lang, marami ka ng malalaman tungkol sa kandidato mo! And with lack of information, sometimes yung mga kuwento ng Facebook friends mo can sway you as well. Information about Rodrigo Duterte surfaced since his announcement. Alam ba ninyo na sa mga donations sa mga affected ng natural calamities, ang mga donating trucks sa Davao is not ridden with Mayor Duterte’s face or name? Ang nakalagay, “from the people of Dava0.” Hindi ka ba ma-i-impress duon? Tingnan ang mga posts sa FB (copied and pasted below):
Why are we rooting for a Duterte Presidency?
1. Duterte presidency is predictable. We know what to expect. He has already told us the kind of his presidency. And when he says things. He always does it. He warned to kill drug pushers within 48 hours. And in less than 24 hours patay na ang isa. Expect more in the coming days. Other presidentiables will say whatever you want to hear. But will do other things if they won.
2. Duterte has a bias for Agriculture. Davao has always been known to have good agricultural programs. It is a city. But is one of the biggest supplier of fruits in the whole Mindanao. He stated to provide free irrigation. A very strategic move. Other strategies he wants to implement is. He wants to stop importation of Pork, Chicken, Onions, Beef, Garlic, Rice, Fruits, Oil, Sugar and other agricultural products..
If he has the right programs and policies. This is highly doable. We are an agricultural country. I cannot understand when we import agricultural products.
3. He has a way of attracting investors. His drive against corruption. His policy for fast processing of business permits. His policy not to accept bribes. An ideal business climate has attracted numerous business investors. If he becomes the president. We can expect plenty of investors because of his policies. At one time he said to Davao Businessmen.. You take care of the economy and I will take care of Peace and Order. MORE INVESTORS WILL MEAN MORE JOBS.
4. CHANCE FOR PEACE. His open line and tolerance for NPA AND MUSLIMS may give chance for a peaceful resolution to the war with the NPAs and Muslims. Duterte is well respected by the ARMY, NPA, AND MUSLIMS.
5. He knows the mind and hearts of the people. He listens to the people. He knows the pains and worries of the citizenry. And he find ways to address them. The 911. The Southern Philippines Medical Center. The Task Force Davao is a testament to all of this. During the Yolanda typhoon he is the FIRST GOVERNMENT OFFICIAL TO VISIT AND TAKE ACTION IN TACLOBAN. While others only said. BAHALA KAYO SA BUHAY NINYO.
6. THE MAIN REASON WHY I AM ROOTING FOR DUTERTE PRESIDENCY IS DRUG PROBLEM. VIOLENCE. CRIME. Is now very rampant. It won’t be long before the Philippines will become a NARCO STATE. AND NOBODY..NOBODY AMONG MAR, MIRIAM, BINAY AND POE cares about crime and drugs..It will only be Duterte who can stand against crime and drugs.
7. FEDERALISM is a radical suggestion but it makes sense.
Today provinces collect reveneus and remit it to the national government. It is distributed to IMPERIAL MANILA. PDAF FOR THE PRESIDENT.PORK BARREL FOR SENATORS AND CONGRESSMEN. AND LGUS ARE LEFT BEGGING TO BE GIVEN CRUMBS. DUTERTE WANT TO CHANGE THIS.
LGUS AND PROVINCES WILL COLLECT REVENUES. CONTRIBUTE TO THE NATIONAL GOVERNMENT. BUT THEY WILL RETAIN MAJORITY OF THE REVENUE. AND MAKE THEIR OWN BUDGET. THROUGH THIS. PROVINCES AND REGIONS WHO IMPLEMENT GOOD GOVERNANCE WILL IMPROVE. THEY WILL SET AN EXAMPLE AND INSPIRATION TO OTHER REGIONS AND PROVINCES.
8. ONLY DUTERTE AMONG THE CANDIDATES HAS THE POLITICAL WILL AND THE COURAGE. AND THE HEART.
DUTERTE REPRESENTS TAMA.
TAPANG AT MALASAKIT.
– copy paste from Ian Samonte
At heto pa:
Sharing Malou Lagaran’s comment.
“Do I like Duterte’s character? A big NO. Walang sinuman ang gusto ng nagmumura, babaero at mamamatay tao. Hindi iyan ang itinuro na magandang asal ng ating mga magulang at kahit ng simbahan. Hindi rin ito magandang ehemplo para sa kabataan. Obligasyon ng mga magulang na bantayan ang mga bata na makarinig sa kanyang mga sinasabi.
Do I like Duterte as a leader? Absolutely YES! Duterte compensates his imperfections with real service to the people.
1. Babaero siya at alam niyang hindi niya yun mapipigilan pero siya ang kauna-unahang nagpasa ng Women Development Code (City Ordinance 5004) sa buong Pilipinas.
2. Nagmumura siya pero kasama ng kanyang plataporma ay ibalik ang GMRC at Values Education sa curriculum ng mga eskwelahan.
3. Pumapatay siya ng kriminal pero siya rin ang nangunguna sa pagpaparehab ng mga kabataang lulong sa droga at binibigyan pa niya ito ng P2,000 monthly allowance.
4. Dating lansenggo at chain-smoker pero mahigpit na ipinagbabawal ang pininigarilyo sa siyudad at may liquor ban pa ng hanggang 1am lang.
5. Hindi maganda ang tabas ng dila pero nagpatupad ng Anti-Discrimination Ordinance. Bawal i-discriminate ang Muslim, Kristiyano, Lumad, bakla, lesbian, transsexual, may kapansanan, ordinaryong mamamayan at kahit sino man.
6. Barumbado, mahilig sa baril pero nagpatubad ng fire-cracker ban tuwing Pasko at New Year. Davao lang zero casualty sa paputok kada taon.
7. Protektor daw ng NPA at MILF pero andaming mga sundalo at pulis ang kanyang na rescue sa mga rebeldeng grupo. Mas marami pa siyang nagawa kaysa sa administrasyon.
8. Kaskasero noong kanyang kabataan, nagpapatakbo ng 180 kph sa motor. Pero nagpatupad ng speed limit sa Davao para sa kaligtasan ng mamamayan.
8. Diktador daw at masama ang ugali pero siya ang unang rumesponde sa Tacloban na sinalanta ng bagyong Yolanda.
9. Mayabang daw pero ni isa sa kanyang proyekto ay wala ang kanyang mukha at pangalan.
10. Asal kanto, ugaling kalye pero WORLD CLASS ang serbisyo. And take note, lahat ng tao nakikinabang sa kanyang serbisyo, hindi lang ang mayayaman.
– Davao Central 911 (The only 911 in Asia. Equipments are all US-made. All services are free.)
– California Traffic Light System (Most modern in the Philippines. Sensorized, centralized to Traffic Center and Central 911)
– High-tech CCTVs, again the most modern in the Philippines.
– Public Safety Command Center powered by IBM (US technology giant company) making Davao the only Smart City in the Philippines. The fastest that can respond to crime and disaster.
– State of the art facilities of a GOVERNMENT hospital. Yes, the most modern hospital equipments in Davao are not in private hospitals but in a government hosptital – the Southern Philippines Medical Center (formerly Davao Medical Center). Sagot niya ang gastusin ng mga batang may cancer sa Davao at kahit hindi taga Davao.
Kaya para sa inyong hindi siya kilala at bulag sa katotohanan, let me say this. He is actually making a sacrifice to us. Let him be the sinner, let him do the dirty work. Because he said, he must do the things that he must do as ugly as it can be because nobody in the government will do it for the people. In the end, only God can judge him on the things that he’s done.
Kaya kung gusto niyo isang Pangulo na isang magandang ROLE MODEL, iboto niyo si Mar Roxas. Prim and proper, busilak at mabulaklak magsalita, makamasa sa pictorial, good-boy image. Ganon lang naman ka simple yon. Wag niyong iboto si Duterte dahil masama siyang ehemplo at pangit kanyang image.
Pero kung gusto niyo ng TUNAY NA PAGBABAGO, ay punyeta, alam niyo na ang sagot.
“I don’t care if I go to hell as long as the people I serve will live in paradise.” – Rodrigo Duterte”?#?Duterte2016?
Due to this, Mayor Duterte’s ranking shot up in the SWS polls to number one!
Kumbinsado ka na ba? So, heto ang video:
Ano sa palagay ninyo?
Siya na ba ang dapat na mamuno sa buong Pilipinas?